In the Patras Practice for Breast Care you will find up to date breast surgical services, as well as psychological support services.
The diagnostic procedures will be carried out in cooperation with your radiologist. Triple Assessment of any finding will be completed locally and a clear therapeutic plan will be formed. Diagnostic services:
- Personal and family history with risk assessment and determination of a proper prevention strategy
- Specialist breast clinical examination
- Ultrasound-guided tissue biopsy of palpable or impalpable lesions
The various surgical procedures can be carried out either in the practice as local anaesthetic procedures, or in a private hospital under general anaesthesia. Surgical services:
- Excision of benign breast lesions
- Preoperative impalpable lesion ultrasound-guided localisation with a wire
- Pre-chemo marker clip placement in tumours for upfront medical treatment
- Intraoperative ultrasound-guided excisions
- Oncoplastic breast-conserving surgery
- Immediate or delayed breast reconstruction procedures
Health psychology services are offered by the cooperating psychologist Olga-Maria P. Kotopouli BSc, MSc
- Psychological support for any chronic disease, anxiety disorders etc.
- Every newly diagnosed breast cancer patient is offered one free counselling appointment to help adjust to the new reality
Please call us for any queries.